SHS Thrift Stores Sale
Suncoast Humane Society is holding a Spring Sale at all three thrift store locations Thursday, March 14 – Saturday, March 16. Take advantage of 50% off all items priced $10 or more. Thrift store locations are 1951 S. McCall Rd., 1825 Tamiami Trail, Pt. Charlotte and 656 Tamiami Trail, Venice.
Poison Prevention Awareness
March is National Poison Prevention Awareness Month and Suncoast Humane Society wants to share a few tips to keep your pets safe this month and beyond.
1. No matter what you do, DO NOT give your pet an alcoholic beverage.
2. Keep holiday foods away from your pets. Foods for humans, loaded with butter and salt, can end up in disastrous digestive issues for animals.
3. It’s best to leave your pet at home if you’re heading to a crowded place. Your pet may get anxious or spooked by all the commotion.
4. If children will be attending, make sure your pet is respected and has access to a safe, quiet room.
5. Having a party at home? Make sure your pet is safe from escaping when guests come in and out of the house. Have ID tags updated in case they do get out.
6. Never leave your pet unattended in a costume. Never dye their hair, they can lick it off which could be toxic for them.
Calling all Yogis!
Practice yoga on a cruise ship! Sail with Venice Beach Yoga to Cuba, a fundraiser benefitting Suncoast Humane Society. Spend a full day and night in Havana. Enjoy an all-inclusive onboard experience aboard the Norwegian Sun sailing from Port Canaveral November 4-9. Stops in Key West, Havana and Great Stirrup Bay, Bahamas. $75 per cabin will be donated to SHS. For more information and reservations, contact Kathy Burk of Incredible Vacations by Kathy, LLC at 882•2364.